Sunday, November 19, 2006

HOW OLD IS TOO OLD?

I am now 39 years old. I have never been married. Being the age that I am now, the women my age are either all married w/ children, or divorced w/ children. Well, I work on a college campus around younger women, and what happens when I find myself genuinely attracted to one of them that I have become close to? Am I supposed to just bury my feelings and pretend that she doesn't appeal to me because I am some 19 years her senior? She is a fine Christian young woman. She is intelligent. She is attractive. Do I tell her how I feel as though we were comtemporaries? Will it scare her away? If it doesn't scare her away and we embark on a relationship, how will others few us? Oh, the "joys" of being nearly 40 and still single.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You're a blogger, too! I love that so many people I know blog. It helps to keep up with everyone.

In response to your post...I have no idea! Big help, huh? My answer is going to sound cliche, but it's the truth. Pray about it. God definitely knows better than us!

Anonymous said...

Robert, Robert, Robert...too many questions to be answered in a blog comment. I would love an opportunity to visit with you and share in this with you. I feel I know the young lady...and would love to 'be there for you'. A White Chocolate Latte and a 'listening ear' awaits you at your best convenience.

Anonymous said...

You know what I am going to say, but it can be easily quoted too: "Fortune favors the brave." Follow your heart so you won't have to wallow in your regrets.